Top Social

SEPTEMBER IS THE NEW JANUARY

Sunday 18 September 2016
During this time of year, I find myself preparing for the new season. It's something about reliving that cathartic feeling of getting a pair of shiny new shoes for the new school term, a new uniform and the anticipation of making new friends and starting new lessons. 

Photo credit: Sam Holden
Now as an adult, I see September as the perfect opportunity for starting a-fresh. Instead of being gloomy and penniless like we all are in January, it's the tail end of summer...We still have warm, hazy days contrasted with aggressive thundery showers, whilst the fallen leaves line the kerbs and conkers are starting to grow. There are so many things I love about summer, but there's something refreshing about knowing the seasons are transitioning, that lingering hope for sunny days reduces and that autumn is coming and all the delights that it brings. 






One of these delights for me, is getting a few key pieces to update my wardrobe. This autumn I know I'm going to be living in blush pink. It's so elegant yet an understated version of the candy pinks we saw throughout the summer season . This duster coat is an absolute find from Primark, and it looks so expensive, that's the beauty of a great Primark bargain.

Another key piece is embroidered denim. These jeans were from Zara and I managed to snap up the last 8 in store, and I am so happy with them. They also encapsulate two key trends in one, embroidered and cropped denim. They are great for keeping an item bang on trend, and it's also completely easy to DIY. Whether it's jeans, a denim bag, or jacket, embroidered denim is definitely here to stay this season. Paired with a basic tee, or a smarter silky cami, this outfit is perfect for going from office to the bar. Pair with mules or loafers for an even more on trend, Gucci inspired look. 


Another great way to embrace the new season is to update your stationery. I love Paperchase! Grab a shiny new diary, matching notebook and pens and trust me you will be organised. There is nothing more motivating to me than beautiful stationery (sad, I know). Your diary should be your best friend, and more than just a place for scheduling meetings and classes, it should be a somewhere that you can record what you did, where you went and keep memories, even if it's making sure you leave time for 5 minutes of 'me time' and relaxation. 

So there's my thoughts on why I love September, and why we should embrace the new season. 

What I wore:
Coat - Primark Duster coat (available in-store size 8)

All photos shot on Canon SX280 HS

Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature