Top Social

LUXE WINTER STAPLES...on a budget

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Photo credit: Samuel Holden
During what is dubbed the most depressing month of the year, when we all are feeling the pinch, experiencing the brunt of the seasonal blues and attempting to keep resolutions...never has watching the bank balance been more crucial.

I'm as much as any, an advocate of looking good for less, in fact I pride myself on shopping on a student budget, but I don't like to compromise on style.

This post outlines my favourite winter pieces which have carried me through this winter season.

1. Velvet Satchel with Ring Detail


This style of handbag has stormed the high street since Chloe unveiled their Faye Satchel (£1500) in 2015. Ring detailing is definitely here to stay remaining a firm favourite and having been a big style detail across accessories and shoes through AW16.

I grabbed mine in the New Years sale at M&S...Unfortuntely this one is now sold out but you can get similar here for under £30.

2. Faux Fur

I have always loved faux fur, it's incredibly classy, can be worn with almost anything, and immediately makes you feel incredibly glamourous. I love to wrap up in this gilet, whether I am walking the dog or out for drinks, it's a perfect piece for any occasion, £55 from Oasis. Available in powder pink (I am purchasing this) black or burgundy as pictured.

3. Berry Lips


Bold, berry coloured lips are such a key winter trend. Perfect for elevating more simple outfits, or transitioning from day to night. Wear it with confidence!
For fairer tones: opt for a more purple colour
For warmer toned skin: keep it warm with more cherry reds

I'm wearing Cherry Skies - NYX
Other favourites:



3. Ruffles & Frills

Ruffles are a firm favourite for SS17, as seen on catwalks of the likes of Alexander McQueen, Loewe and Gucci and now in Zara, Primark and Topshop. Invest now in some key statement frills and ruffle pieces to ensure a great investment for the coming season. Big, bold, frilled knitwear is definitely the way I'm headed to stay on trend, warm and cosy! 

4. Knee high suede boots

 A blogger essential! If you can't afford the iconic Stuart Weitzman boots for £800, get yourself a high-street version. Don't forget to check the sales too, there are often some great finds on Office or ASOS.

What is your favourite staple?



Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature